Samuel had his first play date last week! While I was in the nursing mom's room at church a few weeks ago, I met another new mom whose baby (Abby) is 2 weeks older than Samuel. We quickly bonded over new mom things and decided that we should get together for a play date. Now Abby and Samuel did not acknowledge each other the whole time, but us moms sure enjoyed the time together! (think of the commercial where the moms are eating chips with their babies sitting near each other in their car seats) Something so simple like getting out of the house and watching tv with someone else really makes the days that Luke works late pass so quickly! What a blessing those play dates are and we hope to continue them weekly if we can. This week I will try to get a picture of them together and maybe a picture of the moms too!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Play Date
Samuel had his first play date last week! While I was in the nursing mom's room at church a few weeks ago, I met another new mom whose baby (Abby) is 2 weeks older than Samuel. We quickly bonded over new mom things and decided that we should get together for a play date. Now Abby and Samuel did not acknowledge each other the whole time, but us moms sure enjoyed the time together! (think of the commercial where the moms are eating chips with their babies sitting near each other in their car seats) Something so simple like getting out of the house and watching tv with someone else really makes the days that Luke works late pass so quickly! What a blessing those play dates are and we hope to continue them weekly if we can. This week I will try to get a picture of them together and maybe a picture of the moms too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I was surprised what a difference joining a mommy and me group made in my life! And on the subject of things only moms get excited about... Ian got his first mole a few weeks ago! Its a cute little brown dot the size of a poppy seed on top of his foot. !! Its so cute! :-)
Post a Comment