Sunday, March 2, 2008
...in sickness and in health
Last Wednesday we discovered that Luke has diabetes after a very scary few hours and a trip to the ER. Holding my three week old baby while my husband was loaded into an ambulance is not something I thought I would be experiencing this past week. Still, God is good (all the time) and we experienced so many blessings this past week...from the great service we received at the local hospital (we were a celebrity because of Samuel) to the community of people who surrounded us with prayers and love...I was reminded that we may not always understand why bad things happen, but that God is always there walking beside us. Luke is doing well, feeling like himself again and is taking this diagnosis in stride. With medicine, diet and exercise he will control his blood sugar and we will continue to enjoy a happy, healthy life with our son. Samuel has provided so much joy to his Momma this past week and I will start posting more about life with him soon. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we adjust to a different lifestyle. Thank you SO much to all of our friends and family who have helped us through meals, visits, prayers, etc. during this time. We love you all so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow! That is scary! We will continue to pray for the Goods. How is Samuel's sleeping going? Better I hope! And nursing? Still going well? Three weeks was the low-point for nursing for me...it all got better after that, soreness went away, we got into a rhythm, etc. And we're still nursing at almost 11 months! Keep up the good work!!
Post a Comment