So I don't have proof but Samuel smiled at his Mommy for the first time yesterday, twice! He was in such a pleasant mood and I was talking to him and he just smiled, this beautiful, perfect smile. I was so excited I thought I was going to burst. Of course my mom thinks he smiled at her for the first time a few weeks ago, but I am sure it was just gas! :) Everyone knows the Mom gets the first smile! Just to show off, he even did it again when my friend Beth was here visiting yesterday evening! I have considered setting up my video camera on him 24 hours a day so that I can catch his next one...my camera hesitates too long before it takes a picture! So I promise a picture as soon as I can capture it! What a joy he is!
Also, I have found the secret to getting Samuel to nap and sleep 6 hours at night! What is it you ask?! Well it is not his nice crib, bassinet, pack-n-play, swing or bouncy chair...but his CAR SEAT! I have considered returning all the previously mentioned equipment to let my son spend his first year of life solely in his car seat! :) I have to tell you that it bothers me that this is where he sleeps, I feel like a bad mother letting him sleep there...but he obviously enjoys it so I got over it real quick! At some point in the next few weeks (months) he will have to learn to sleep somewhere else but for now everyone is enjoying this little gift of sleep that we are getting AND my arm is getting a break during the day! Anyone else have (had) a car seat sleeper?
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
UGH! Ian hated the car seat from 3 weeks until we got him a convertible one at 5 months. He screamed bloody murder every time we put him in it. He was a bouncer seat sleeper, or on mommy sleeper. We moved him to the crib in his room at 12 weeks...although he still naps in mommy and daddy's bed. You are right, though, any uninterrupted sleep is worth it! That's a GREAT mom (not a bad one!!)
Isn't it near impossible to get those first few smiles?? Cameras just aren't fast enough! A friend of mine had a car seat sleeper...she started putting the car seat IN the crib!! Eventually he got adjusted to sleeping in the crib alone. Yeah, mommies everywhere will take their babies sleeping anyway they'll do it!! Love you! I'll try to call soon!
I was a car sleeper, and I turned out OK...for the most part. :-) I say, take the sleeping any way you can get it and call it a win!
Sarah Farber
Post a Comment