
So I figured it was time to take Sam to see Santa. I was not looking forward to this visit because I was sure that he would hate Santa and I would have a picture of a screaming Sam on Santa's lap. I mean, what do you do with a picture like that?! After sitting in traffic for 20 minutes just to get to the mall we were relieved to see the Santa line was really short. I figured that they would charge a small fee for a fancy picture with Santa but almost fell over when I was informed that the pictures START at $19.99! I'm sure most of you are thinking...Trisha, just take pictures with your own camera. Well, we thought of that, but there was a big sign that said you could only use your camera WITH the purchase of the minimum picture package. I have to admit I complained the whole time I was in line, getting other moms to commiserate with me but, like the stupid consumer I am, I paid the $20 and got the picture taken. Other than the cost it was a positive experience...it was a great looking Santa (and by that I mean "real-looking", not "attractive") and Sam did not cry. He was fascinated by Santa and while we didn't get pictures of him smiling on Santa's lap...we don't have pictures of him screaming on Santa's lap. And really...what more could you ask for?!
4 comments:
I believe I heard the Santa at the Galleria is free on Saturdays - but he is only there on Saturdays (or just weekends...something like that). I also heard that there is a free Santa at Northway Mall.
Cute pictures.
I'm so glad you got cute pictures! Abby went to see Santa when we were in Las Vegas, and because her cousins bought a picture, they let us take a picture of Abby for free. Good thing too, because Abby SCREAMED the entire time. I would've hated to pay 20 dollars for a picture of Abby screaming. Glad Sam's experience was much nicer!
Adorable! That Santa IS great looking! Ian wasn't scared... but he WOULD NOT sit on Santa's knee. I too am stunned by the cost of the pictures. In monroeville i think it starts at 22.95! WHA??? Insanity. But it was his first time, so I would've done it too. AND now you know to scan the papers for the free ones next year, right?
There is a place called Yeck Farm in Freedom about 15 minutes from me and Santa is there on Saturday's from 12-4. You can only take pictures with your camera and it's all free. They have other stuff there, too, so it was fun for the girls. Check out our blog for pictures! It cost us $9 4 years ago at Ross Park for Rylie's first picture with Santa. Talk about inflation!
Post a Comment