Friday, December 19, 2008
Brainwashing?
Yesterday my sister watched Sam for me while I went to Luke's work Christmas party. When I went to pick him up my sister laughed as she told me of her adventure with Sam in the mall. Apparently he was fine in his stroller when they were in the main mall area...but the moment she went into a store Sam started crying, loud crying with big tears. After a few more attempts with the same results she left the mall and didn't get her shopping done. Well today I was determined to finish my shopping and I needed to get an outfit for Sam so I went to the shops down at the Waterfront. There was no way I could shop and hold him (he loves to sit in shopping carts, but they don't have those at these stores) so I put him in his stroller thinking that he would be different for me (don't us moms always think that?!). Well he loved his stroller as we walked around outside but as soon as we got in a store, he started to cry. This happened at all three of the stores that we (quickly) visited. Finally I just had to grab a few things and get him back in the car. I am thinking that Luke brainwashed Sam into thinking that clothes shopping is the scariest thing in the whole world and that he should scream and cry every time I take him into a store in his stroller. He probably told Sam that the clothes can come alive and gobble up small children so the only way he is safe is for mom to hold him. This way I am exhausted from carrying him and quickly leave the store realizing that I don't need anything that bad. I am onto you Luke...time to fess up! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That's so funny! I bet Matt would LOVE it if Abby reacted that way. He could have retired already! Hope he gets over it and you can finish your shopping one day!
this made me laugh! boo to luke!
i still carry dylan in her sling in the stores. she seems to appreciate being up high.
Post a Comment