Sometimes Samuel is cranky. This past week he has been having a few of those cranky moments quite often (I tell myself it is a growth spurt). Lately he has required a lot of my attention as he is becoming more aware of his surroundings and is sleeping less during the day (thankfully he sleeps a lot during the night). He sure does like to be entertained and is going through a phase of not liking his play mat which used to be his favorite activity. This has required some creativity on my part on how to entertain him! I have also realized the need to spend some time in prayer and the Bible everyday in order to equip myself with the patience to be the loving, attentive mom that he needs. I am thankful that God doesn't leave me to rely solely on myself during this new season of my life. His mercies are new every morning! Even though some days are hard, the smiles and laughs that Samuel gives me makes them all worthwhile. I am his whole world right now and I am cherishing every minute of it.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Just another day
Sometimes Samuel is cranky. This past week he has been having a few of those cranky moments quite often (I tell myself it is a growth spurt). Lately he has required a lot of my attention as he is becoming more aware of his surroundings and is sleeping less during the day (thankfully he sleeps a lot during the night). He sure does like to be entertained and is going through a phase of not liking his play mat which used to be his favorite activity. This has required some creativity on my part on how to entertain him! I have also realized the need to spend some time in prayer and the Bible everyday in order to equip myself with the patience to be the loving, attentive mom that he needs. I am thankful that God doesn't leave me to rely solely on myself during this new season of my life. His mercies are new every morning! Even though some days are hard, the smiles and laughs that Samuel gives me makes them all worthwhile. I am his whole world right now and I am cherishing every minute of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Great post, Trish! I totally undestand...there has been nothing like parenting to make me aware of my need for God each morning! Glad you're relying on his grace and mercy each day! xoxo
I'm realizing the same thing. Why do I think I can just go without prayer?! Of course, mine is for a $30,000 foundation grant to show up in the mailbox, but I'm sure kids are even MORE difficult than fundraising! :)
Hey, T -- it was absolutely wonderful to catch up this morning! Hope Samuel is well rested after his nap!
Post a Comment