Monday, May 26, 2008

Bumbo Seat and Memorial Day

Samuel is getting to be such a big boy. He loves to sit up and talk to his Mommy and he even laughs at me when I make noises at him. He is also hard to hold onto these days as he loves to kick his legs and flail his arms about. When he lays on his play mat, he kicks his feet so he scoots up the mat. Everyday he spends some time sitting in his bumbo seat and I am going to put together his exersaucer this week since I think he will love playing with all of those fun toys in a standing/sitting position. I can't believe how quickly he is growing.

Today, I got to spend some time out in the yard planting flowers as Luke watched Samuel for me. It was so nice to spend some time outside and get my hands dirty planting. I really love flowers but this year I wasn't sure how I was going to get any of it done with Samuel to care for. Thankfully my father-in-law came down to help me and we got so much done, what a help he was! The flower beds look wonderful and it should be a little more low maintenance for me for years to come. Now all we need is a baby pool and we're ready for summer!

1 comment:

suzannah | the smitten word said...

isn't the bumbo the best? what a cutie:)
as for screaming in the car, sadly, i have no foolproof tips. i clip a pacifier to her, so i can usually reach back and get that back in her mouth. toys attached to the car seat can help, as can reaching back and touching her. i've also just pulled over and nursed her.
dylan definitely goes through periodic cranky spurts as well, and while they are no fun, at least i know it usually only lasts a week or two. (of course, like everything else, that could all change;)
i hope dylan likes the pool, too! we look forward to getting her in.