Thursday, September 4, 2008

Goodbye Mullet!

So happy to be mullet free!

So Samuel has had a mullet ever since he was born. I always found it endearing and thought it was baby hair that would eventually fall out. Well, 6 months later he was still sporting the mullet. It did thin out a bit (which only made it look worse) and then I felt like I had to comb it to the side (a la Donald Trump) or it would stick straight out. Luke and others have been encouraging me to cut it but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Finally I broke down the other night and cut it off...after I informed Luke that this did NOT count as his first hair cut! :) So we are calling this post "goodbye mullet" instead of "Sam's first hair cut". I did keep the hair though...people still keep baby's hair right...or am I a weird Mom?

Before
(Sam is 1 month old in this pic and his mullet is thicker here than it was these past few months but this is the only picture I have of it...really, how many pictures do you take of the back of baby's head?!)

After

3 comments:

Becky said...

MARKED improvement! Good job. But what the heck are you gonna do with the hair? Scrapbook it?

suzannah | the smitten word said...

hysterical! he's adorable.

Unknown said...

GOODBYE MULLET! (lol) People still keep baby hair. You're not weird. Some of us have kids who don't have hair though, so unless I picked it off of his sheets before washing, I don't have any. ;-) Ian's first hair cut will be in like 2050 at the rate we're going. (Growing?)

What a cutie!