Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Solid Foods




I have been looking forward to/dreading this day for some time now. I had moments that I couldn't wait for Samuel to try solid foods and then other moments when I wanted to cry because I can't believe that my baby is about to be 6 months old! I know that this definitely won't be the last time I feel this way. Tonight Samuel had his first bites of rice cereal (we are waiting until our doctor's appointment in a few weeks to embark on more solid foods). Recently Samuel was showing a lot of interest when we would eat or drink in front of him. There were a few times that he almost knocked the utensil or cup right out of our hands, which led me to believe that he was ready to try cereal...and he loved it! I think we are going to have a good eater on our hands. He was leaning out of the chair to get it in his mouth faster and I think he would have kept eating and eating but we stopped before the bowl was empty as I still wanted him to nurse before bed. The instructions told us to make it really watery for his first time so it was almost like eating very runny soup but tomorrow we will try to make it a bit thicker. Stayed tuned...in a few weeks I will have pictures of him eating fruits and veggies.

No comments: