Friday, January 25, 2008

And the waiting begins...

Thursday night I started to feel weird. It all started with a sharp, strong pain in my back that lasted about 5 minutes. Then it developed into cramps that kept me awake all night. It didn't help that the baby was laying in a new, weird position and refused to move no matter how much I poked at him/her. Morning came and Luke and I both went to work convinced that it was just nothing, but I decided to call the doctor just to be sure. So to make a long story short, I went to the doctor's and was hooked up to a fetal monitor, all to reveal that I am having contractions! Woohoo! Good thing for me that it is the beginning stage of labor so they aren't really painful yet, just kinda uncomfortable. The doctor sent me home and told me to call them once they become stronger and closer together. She even said that we will probably have this baby within the week! We are so excited and scared and nervous and everything else that soon to be parents feel. The baby is an overachiever too...coming almost 3 weeks early! I guess it is learning Pap Pap Galand's policy that it is always good to be early, very early! And so we wait...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Soooooooooooooooo excited for you! I'm praying for you to experience God's peace and grace while you wait...and all throughout this entire process! I love you!