This blog title is dedicated to my sweet husband who gets a kick out of that line in one of the Beach Boys' Christmas songs. The small things in life make us happy and this Christmas seemed to be all about the small things, especially the small one growing inside me. We had a great, peaceful Christmas day this year, filled with lots of food and family fun. Luke got to play his little heart out on Guitar Hero and I competed with the other ladies in the family in an American Idol sing off. I have to let you all know that I won, and this sweet victory made my week! (I can hear my sisters demanding a re-match already!) This year seemed like one of our busiest Christmases...there was always something to bake, buy or wrap but I genuinely enjoyed every minute of it. I think we figured out that I baked about 30 dozen cookies for the family gatherings and even did a pretty good job of making my Grandma's traditional paska bread this year. Holiday traditions are so important to me and I think being with child this year, made that desire even stronger to continue the traditions and think of a few new ones that we can start with our baby next year. Mom and I are already planning all of the recipes from my Great Grandmother that we are going to make next year. The greatest blessing this Christmas, like always, is the gift of baby Jesus who came to die for our sins. It is a powerful reality to reflect on especially when I am only weeks away from bringing a baby into this world myself. Here is to a blessed New Year!
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Christmas Comes This Time Each Year
This blog title is dedicated to my sweet husband who gets a kick out of that line in one of the Beach Boys' Christmas songs. The small things in life make us happy and this Christmas seemed to be all about the small things, especially the small one growing inside me. We had a great, peaceful Christmas day this year, filled with lots of food and family fun. Luke got to play his little heart out on Guitar Hero and I competed with the other ladies in the family in an American Idol sing off. I have to let you all know that I won, and this sweet victory made my week! (I can hear my sisters demanding a re-match already!) This year seemed like one of our busiest Christmases...there was always something to bake, buy or wrap but I genuinely enjoyed every minute of it. I think we figured out that I baked about 30 dozen cookies for the family gatherings and even did a pretty good job of making my Grandma's traditional paska bread this year. Holiday traditions are so important to me and I think being with child this year, made that desire even stronger to continue the traditions and think of a few new ones that we can start with our baby next year. Mom and I are already planning all of the recipes from my Great Grandmother that we are going to make next year. The greatest blessing this Christmas, like always, is the gift of baby Jesus who came to die for our sins. It is a powerful reality to reflect on especially when I am only weeks away from bringing a baby into this world myself. Here is to a blessed New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment