Monday, January 10, 2011

Mission: Potty Training - Part One

I have not been looking forward to the task of potty training...it just seems like a lot of work, frustration and mess (wait, isn't that the description of parenthood?!). Anyway, I figured it was time to start training Sam so we started the week off with a fun activity...date with Mom. Sam and I had a date to go get his new Thomas underwear at Target...but first we stopped off for a special treat...a donut! It was a fun morning and he is very excited to wear his new underwear. Tomorrow we are going cold turkey from diapers to underwear and see how it goes. I will give it a few days and if it is not going well then we will wait a few more weeks and try again. My goal is to not have a frustrated mom and toddler (and a crying, neglected baby) at the end of the week! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a great goal and great approach! I hope he does superb! Potty training Ian has been... exhausting, but honestly, we're trying to keep it positive so it is taking some time. *sigh*

Someday I'll have all my lovely children all done with diapers.

Best wishes!!!