Wednesday, February 11, 2009

12 Months

Sam got a good report at the doctor today. He is still a little peanut at 18 lbs 11 oz and 28 in. long...his head is still big at 47.2 cm! Sam is learning new things everyday and he is keeping me busy. I am constantly chasing after him as he is always getting into something he isn't supposed to (touching pictures, pulling books of the bookcase, throwing food on the floor!). The toddler years have begun. I am trying really hard to be consistent with him and sometimes it pays off. There are days when he will actually stand at the end table and look at the picture without touching it! That means he is actually obeying me when I say "no touch, just look" a million times a day! Then there are other days when he touches them over and over. It is a lot of work, but I love my little boy and every time he smiles at me and gives me lots of kisses I know that I have the best job in the world.

On a sad note, Sam's great-grandpa Stafford (my mother-in-law's father) passed away this morning and our hearts are heavy. Please keep the family in your prayers.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Toddlerhood certainly has begun! What a cutie though. It would be hard to be strict with him when he gives you that charming little smile:-) Ah, they already know how to play their mommies, dont they? Miss you guys!

suzannah | the smitten word said...

getting a toddler to obey IS a challenge!

we only just turned dylan's car seat around this week--she's a little peanut, too:)

so his croup is all better? dylan had that last month--no fun at all!

praying for your family as you mourn--may you all know God's great presence, comfort and peace.

*shell* said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sam is so cute. 1 already!!!