
Well I first wrote back in January that we were starting potty training with Sam. Needless to say that it didn't go well...we gave it a full week and he just wasn't getting it. I was determined not to make it a battle so we went back to diapers and gave it some time. Luke had a few extra days off the first week of June so I decided to give it another go...this time we didn't use the padded training underwear but went straight to regular (Thomas the Train of course) underwear. He peed right through twice and then was pretty much potty trained after that! It was amazing how quickly he took to it this time around and he was so excited about it. He has even stayed dry through most naps and bedtimes and is even going potty when we are out and about. I am SO proud of him...and SO glad I just waited a bit until it seemed like he was ready. Today I didn't even know he was going the bathroom and I walked past our half bath to find him rinsing out the potty insert in the sink. Yep, he went potty on his own, dumped the pee in the toilet and then proceeded to rinse out the insert in the sink. I didn't even tell him he had to do that, he just wanted to do it all himself. What a big, independent boy I have!
1 comment:
awesome! way to go! i think it helped owen that we went right to underwear too...too confusing otherwise, in my opinion. i bet you are excited!
Post a Comment