Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mommy Recommendations

We are interested in purchasing a backpack carrier for Sam and I am asking for recommendations from all of my mommy friends out there. I am sure that Luke will wear it most of the time when we are out together but I would like something that is good for me too and will take some weight off of my lower back. We would use it for light hiking and other family outings (Christmas tree hunting, fairs, craft shows, zoo, etc.). I would appreciate some tips on maybe finding it second-hand too because I know that they can be pretty expensive. Thanks for your help!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Ergo carrier (which can also be used as a front and side carrier, AND with infants!!), but if you are looking for a frame one instead, my sister & company LOVE their kelty kids one.

http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/

http://www.kelty.com/Kelty/kids.php?type=&cat=48&ref=&id=337

suzannah | the smitten word said...

ours is REI brand and it is super-nice, sturdy and comfortable, but it was also super expensive (I think around 130!) we used our economic stimulus check on it...maybe your families could pitch in for christmas?

The Hamons said...

we have the kelty kids one, too. found one on Craigslist for $40! only a year old. Definitely check out craigslist.

*shell* said...

We have a Snuggli carrier we got from Babies R Us. It was like $80 I think and we really like it a lot and have hiked a lot of miles with it.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I don't know many specifics, but I do know that Kelty kids is a great brand for backpacking gear for kids. If it's the right price, I'd get it. There's no stopping you from testing it out first, either!